Sha Tin College coding club
Term 2, 2020/21: Web sites
Week 1 - 28 Jan 21
Week 2 - 4 Feb 21
Download a zip file containing the week 2 files, or get the individual files...
- Create a
static/folder and a
template/folder inside your project folder.
- error.html - Save into the
- icon.png - Save into the
- login.html - Save into the
- main.html - Save into the
- register.html - Save into the
- index.css - Save into the
Code written during the session:
Week 3 - 25 Feb 21
Term 1, 2020/21: Pygame
Python games programming (Pygame)
- Shared files (must be logged in with your STC account)
- Youtube playlist (a video recap of each lesson will be posted the weekend after the live lesson)
- Pygame website notes
- Build your own first person shooter in unity 140 pages, 11 MB
- Code the classics volume 1 224 pages, 38 MB - Includes Tennis games (eg: Pong), Action Platformer (eg: Bubble Bobble), Top-Down platformer (eg: Frogger), Fixed Shooter (eg: Centipede), Football (eg: Sensible Soccer).
Term 3, 2019/20: Python intro
Intro to programming with Python
- Windows install link
- Mac OSX install link
- Watch my Youtube video demonstrating the upgrade process
- Open the settings screen (the gear icon at the bottom right), go to the "third party packages" tab, and install Pygame. Don't dismiss the window until the word "FINISHED" appears.
VS Code + Python
- Download and install the latest version of Python (currently 3.8.5) here - make sure you turn on the tick box to install Python into the path.
- Download and install VS code here
- Start VS code. Go to file / preferences / extensions. Search for and install the Python extension. Detailed instructions here if needed.
- Press Windows and X keys together, and select to open Windows Powershell (Admin). Type the command pip install pygame to install the Pygame library onto your system.
- Video walkthrough of installing Python, VS Code and how to install packages (though it is targeted to a different course so demonstrates installing packages different to Pygame)