Got yourself a Microbit? Awesome! They’re a great way to learn Python!
Sample game projects
Start with a sample game and then adapt it. Add your own music to it, modify the controls, add a Neopixel to indicate scores.
- Make a pinball game! - example this is cool!
- LED grid tetris game - example
- LED Neopixel analog clock - example
- LED Neopixel binary clock - example
- LED Neopixel clothing - example, example2
- Fitness step counter using Accelerometer example
- Bluetooth morse code transmitter example (use the buttons to transmit dot/dash/space, convert to letters on the receive end. add a speaker for the beeps?)
- Bluetooth game? - example Battleship
- Bluetooth game show buzzers (one controller and speaker, 3 for game show participants)
- Servo motor controlled cardboard candy dispenser - concept example
- LED Traffic lights - example
- Custom game controller using gyroscope - example
- How clean is my pond - example
- Make a musical instrument (use the gyroscope, accelerometer or touchpad) - example
The following links take you to the various sections of the official Microbit Python tutorials:
Other useful links
Generic brand neopixels can be found by searching for
ws2812b LED strips.
(C) Paul Baumgarten 2019