The Internal Assessment for Computer Science is an opportunity for you to showcase your algorithmic and technical prowess at developing software intended to solve a legitimate, real world problem for someone.
Approximately 30 hours of class time will be devoted to the Internal Assessment. Beyond that it is expected you will contribute at least the same amount of your own time towards the project.
My IA handbook is a thorough 30 page guide through each deliverable, filled with valuable notes from moderators and past experience of things students did well / not so well. Read it carefully...
Past exam IA's with feedback comments are available for STC students here.
- Past IA's (you must be logged in to your STC google account to access)
The following supplemental resources will also be required.
- Client nomination form (pdf)) - Have your client sign and then return to me.
- IB official template for your submission (zip)
For the class of 2021
- Draft IA due: Monday 7 December 2020
- Final IA due: Monday 8 February 2021