IB Diploma Computer Science
Welcome to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Computer Science course for the International School of Lausanne!
Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer… because it teaches you how to think. - Steve Jobs
- Unit 1: Systems design
- Unit 2: Computer architecture
- Unit 3: Networks
- Unit 4: Computational thinking, problem solving, & programming
- Unit D1-3: Object orientated programming: Concepts, features & programming
- Unit 5 & D4: Abstract data structures (high level only)
- Unit 6: Resource management (high level only)
- Unit 7: Control systems (high level only)
- Internal assessment
- Case study (high level only)
- Extended essay (optional)
- IB Diploma Computer Science syllabus (HTML)
- IB Diploma Computer Science full guide (PDF)
- IB Notation for pseudocode (exam version)
- IB Notation for pseudocode (additional detail)
- IB Java Exam Tool Subset (JETS) (previous syllabus but still very relevant)
- Schedule: Class of 2018-2020
|Examination||Standard level||High level|
|Exam 1: Short answer & structured scenarios. Units 1-7.||45%, 1h30||40%, 2h10|
|Exam 2: Object orientated programming. Units D1-D4.||25%, 1h00||20%, 1h20|
|Exam 3: Case study (HL only)||n/a||20%, 1h00|
|Internal assessment: Solution||30%, 30h||20%, 30h|
|Internal assessment: Group 4 project||0%, 10h||0%, 10h|
Other IB CS teachers have their own course websites. Feel free to check them out!
- Chris Coetzee, Dartford Grammar School, UK
- Michael Brooke, St Julian’s School
- Bill MacKenty, American School of Warsaw
- Robert Griffiths, Colegio Gran Bretaña, Bogotá
- Wikibooks, various authors
Check out some of the great online programming resources available.
Looking for programming project ideas?
- “I Need Practice Programming”: 49 Ideas for Game Clones to Code
- Code Abbey (213 problems)
- Mega Project List (110 problems)
- Daily programmer challenge
- Coding Bat introductory problems (Java and Python)
If you come across any other site worth adding to the list, please let me know!