Criterion C: Create the solution
Task C1: Time and resources plan
Plan how you will create your solution. You can use a table, a gantt-chart, or other suitable method to present your plan.
To adequately address strand C1 you should:
- Identify the core tasks required to create the solution
- Identify the critical path.
- Show how you intend to use all available classtime for Criterion C in a meaningful manner, plus any additional out-of-class time you may anticipate requiring.
- Use technical language where possible to describe the task
- Identify resources required for each task (hardware, software, software libraries, manuals)
- Identify how much time does each step genuinely require?
- If you are completing this project in pairs or a group, indicate who will be responsible for each task.
Task C2 & C3: Demonstrate technical skills & produce solution
Time to make your program!
- Aim to stick to the schedule you created for yourself in C1.
- Start by building your program to resemble your designs from B4 but remember you may alter this design if you realise changes are required along the way.
You will be assigned a lesson for demonstrating your completed product.
- Demo day
In judging the level of technical skills demonstrated for C2, the following factors are considered:
- Size/scope of project (relative to the time allotted)
- Complexity of project and the skills demonstrated
- Variety/range of skills demonstrated. Take a look at an indicative programming skills list that may help as a guide.
- Degree of assistance/independence shown
The judging the solution produced for C3, following factors are considered:
- Completeness of project
- Functionality of project
- Errors encountered
- Each success criteria (from B1) is individually and explicitly demonstrated
Task C4: Justify changes
To adequately address task C4 you should:
- List and explain any changes you made to your final design (from B4) while creating your product
- List and explain any changes you made to your time and resource plan (from C1) while creating your product